The following is a checklist of details that will better prepare you for your move. Completing these small tasks will ensure a smooth transition on moving day! You can download a copy of this checklist by clicking here.
- All dresser drawers must be completely emptied of all small items (jewelry, cosmetics, paper work, loose change, etc.).
- Desk drawers should be emptied completely.
- We do not move lamps
- China cabinets, breakfronts, buffets, curio cabinets, display cabinets, etc. must be emptied of all breakables.
- Entertainment centers, stereo cabinets, etc. must be disconnected and emptied of all wires and components (DVD/VCR, etc.). Televisions may remain in the cabinets.
- All electronics should be properly boxed and labeled (stereo equipment, DVD/VCR, etc.).
- All cabinets must be emptied of all canned goods, glasses, oils, detergents, etc.
- Waterbeds, daybeds, bunk beds, and cribs must be disassembled prior to our arrival. (If you need assistance in this, please call the office prior to your move day).
- All beds must be stripped of bedding prior to our arrival (pillows, sheets, comforters, etc.).
PACKING YOUR BOXES
- All boxes and storage totes should be packed, closed, and secured. The weight of each should not exceed 30-40 lbs., or should be able to be carried by one person.
- All boxes should be clearly labeled with their room destination (not the room from which they are leaving). This will ensure the boxes are placed in their appropriate room at the drop off location.
- Fragile pieces should be individually wrapped within the boxes to protect the pieces from breakage.
- All small wall mirrors, pictures, paintings, etc., must be removes from walls and properly boxed.
- All small items (clocks, pictures, knick-knacks, decorations, etc., must be packed in boxes prior to our arrival.
- Refrigerators, freezers, etc., must be emptied and defrosted.
- Lamp shades must be boxed.
Should you have any questions regarding these details please do not hesitate to call us at (716) 685-6919.